Time: 8:00 am
Speakers: Paul Snape and Steve Clark
Venue: RSM, 2 Whitehall Quay,Leeds, West Yorkshire LS1 4HG
Map Link: Click here to view the map Link
After a year of massive change and political upset on both sides of the Atlantic, with a weak pound and a shift in key export markets, what impact will the changes have on the way we market to the USA?
Hear from Paul Snape, Director, and Steve Clark, Business Development Manager, at Great British Marketing who will be discussing the challenges and opportunities presented by the current complexities of marketing to the USA in 2017 as we enter the first year of a Trump presidency. Both Paul and Steve live and work in the US and have first-hand experience of assisting UK and US firms from a variety of sectors to successfully employ appropriate sales and marketing techniques in the US market.
The session will cover the following:
• The current business landscape in the USA post Trump’s election victory
• An overview of the marketing landscape – key differences to the UK
• Adapting your digital marketing and PR – key lessons and differences to consider
• The business cultural of US firms – sector, geography and politics in 2017
• Business development, networking and trade shows – how do they differ?
• How to prepare for your first trade mission – targeting and preparation
• Summary of overlooked considerations when trading across the pond
This event will be suitable for those with an interest in the US market: from those seeking to enter the US market as well as business leaders already trading with the US but wishing to benefit from an updated briefing on the current US trading situation.
This event is kindly sponsored by RSM and Elevation Recruitment.
Duration: 1.5 hours
Registration is from 08:00; the event starts at 08:30 and finishes at 10:00.